- Male pattern baldness is progressive and it does not improve or reverse without treatment.
- Minoxidil and finasteride are commonly prescribed medication which may restore the hair to some extent.
- Minoxidil applied to the scalp may slow down the progression of hair loss and partially restore hair.
- It applied to the affected scalp( not the hair) using a dropper or spray and should be spread over the affected area lightly.
- Minoxidil can cause reaction such as dryness, redness,scaling and/or itchiness at the site of application and should not be applied if there are cuts or open wounds.
- At least 6 months of application is required to notice any benefit.
- Minoxidil solution may cause an initial hair fall in the first 2-8 weeks of treatment, and this usually subsides when the new hairs start to grow.
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy:
- PRP have shown promising results in MTB.
- Platelet contains growth factor, which stimulate stem cells and help in hair growth.